RCS, Copper and Polyfilter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imsyu

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i am considering getting a polyfilter for my aqua clear 70 since it seems like copper may be killing off my RCS, willl a poly filter remove my dry fertz i put in my tank? and where can i get some poly filters if it doesnt

By polyfill, you mean quilt batting right? That's strictly mechanical filtration. It will not remove copper. The only thing that will is water changes.

Additionally, any plant fertilizer you use will not have enough copper to cause invert death unless you are grossly over-fertilizing.

you could use cuprisorb by seachem that will remove any copper from your tank.

That's the first I've heard of that product, but I stand by what I said. It's probably unnecessary for shrimp tanks unless something is very wrong with your water, in which case you should consider RODI.

i was considering doing RODI but atm i live in a house with other room mates that i will be moving out soon so once i get my own place id invest in that, i just read copper can kill RCS as there could be copper in our tap water here

Back
Top Bottom