Re-aquascaping 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to move things around my 10 gallon tank, but I have a some concerns that I would love advice/opinions for.

First of all I have 3 Red Wendtii plants which are growing little Wendtii's close to them. Plus I've read that this plant can melt if moved.

Second, I have an Amazon Sword which is coming back from almost death. This plant was close to dying (my guess) after I used to move it around a lot. For this reason I'm hesitant to move it especially since it's just regrowing.

Finally... I'm afraid to raise a lot of debris that could affect my RCS.

P.S. Tank has Java Moss, Java Fern, Red Wendtii, Amazon Sword, Anacharis, Moss Ball, Driftwood and a Lava Rock.

image-1255292746.jpg

some answers;)

btw, nice looking tank!

java fern looks awesome

for the crypts, yes, but moving in the same tank only does a very minor melt(maybe 1 leaf or 2?)

for the amazon sowrd, i would leave it for at least a week;)

and if ur scared to move around so much "stuff" i would say u have issues

RCS don't need food

the can eat off the bio-flim of the plants like otos;)

i would only feed 1 algae wafer daily for 50 shrimp............adults and for juvies 1/2 an wafer for 50 of them............

unless u have other fish, i would stop feeding for at least 1 week

if the little wendetis r larger 1/2" leaves.....u can snip them away from the mother plant so they can start growing faster

TheFishBoss97 said:
some answers;)

btw, nice looking tank!

java fern looks awesome

for the crypts, yes, but moving in the same tank only does a very minor melt(maybe 1 leaf or 2?)

for the amazon sowrd, i would leave it for at least a week;)

and if ur scared to move around so much "stuff" i would say u have issues

RCS don't need food

the can eat off the bio-flim of the plants like otos;)

i would only feed 1 algae wafer daily for 50 shrimp............adults and for juvies 1/2 an wafer for 50 of them............

unless u have other fish, i would stop feeding for at least 1 week

if the little wendetis r larger 1/2" leaves.....u can snip them away from the mother plant so they can start growing faster

Thanks for your input!

My Amazon Sword has been growing back for about 2 months now. Is this a safe amount of time to replant it?

Another reason I'm afraid to move the driftwood is for the fear of baby shrimp hiding under it and my movements killing them.

Thanks for your good comments on my tank and the Java Fern.

yeah;) i thought u meant like very recent;)

shrimp will easily dodge it

haev u seen those employees in petcos wquickly pick up and drop large decor in fish tanks to make it easier to catch fish

they sense the waves/movement and qiuckly dart/dodge away:)
it would be safe! the i would just lift the DW, shake it......wait for a minute, while checking under.....if ur worrid......and then readjusting it;)

i hope the u have issues didn't sound rude;)
i meant it in a way as in ur tank has issues;) now that i read it again it seemed a bit rude:) my bad!:D

yeah, just let them be.......overfeeding is worse for ur tank, shrimplets, adult shrimp, and plants;)

TheFishBoss97 said:
i hope the u have issues didn't sound rude;)
i meant it in a way as in ur tank has issues;) now that i read it again it seemed a bit rude:) my bad!:D

yeah, just let them be.......overfeeding is worse for ur tank, shrimplets, adult shrimp, and plants;)

It's all good... I didn't take that to mean anything bad. Thanks for clarifying it though.

Back
Top Bottom