Re hardscape planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xavier55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I wanted to know how can I re hardscape my tank without the loss of fish ,snails and shrimp? I want to clean my tank and trim also? All adice is welcomed

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ohh forgot to say on last post what order should I do it also? Should I remove all plants first then the fish and the shrimps??

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Xavier 55,

It is a fairly easy process more time consuming than anything. You didn't mention your tank size but for me with a 55g I went and purchased a large Rubbermaid tub w/ Lid. After making sure it was clean / all holes sealed I cut a appropriate holes in lid for the filter and heater and then added some additional holes for air (I had fish that would jump) I then used my siphon to transfer the tank the water to tub roughly 75% and added a little stress coat. I just put the plants in buckets with the additional tank water, I used a old plastic scoop to remove the old substrate although I have read of people using shop vacs to complete this step even faster. After I cleaned the tank I added the new eco complete substrate and added about 25% water and let settle it over night the next day I transferred plants, water, fish in that order with no problems. You may want to separate the shrimp but I am not positive as I have never had shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom