Recomend a Small, Dense Red Plant ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey Folks, i have one last spot in my aquarium that's about 8 inches x 2 inches that i'd like to fill with a Red plant that i can keep trimmed to around 2 -3 inches tall max. I'm basically looking for a red ' Hedge' almost. Does such a plant exist and if so can you recomend one ? Hopefull one that's not too difficult to find. I'd like to purchase from someone on this forum actually, It's been a big help to me.
I run a 29 gallon, with a Finnex ray 2 daylight and eco-complete. Seachems Excel and Flourish, and GLA PPS system are rotated around , and pressurized CO2. Light/CO2 is on a 3 on-2 off-4 on cycle.

Thanks in advance for any recomendations !!!

Jim

Alternanthera Reineckii Mini is perfect as it doesn't grow over tall to begin with and is easily clipped or separated and replanted to keep it small.
clear1x1.gif
It also grows very fast. I have it in almost all my tanks and you have the perfect set up for it.

That's the PERFECT plant for what i was looking for !!! Exactly........ Rivercat, i'm still new here, but it is bad form to ask to sell a clipping or two ?? If so I appologize right off the bat. That's not a plant i can find locally, so i'll be putting a ISO ad on the classifieds anyway. Theres some on E-bay, but i'd like to keep the money in this circle if possible as i've gotten so much great advice from here before going that route.

Thanks to both of you !!!!

Jim

That's the PERFECT plant for what i was looking for !!! Exactly........ Rivercat, i'm still new here, but it is bad form to ask to sell a clipping or two ?? If so I appologize right off the bat. That's not a plant i can find locally, so i'll be putting a ISO ad on the classifieds anyway. Theres some on E-bay, but i'd like to keep the money in this circle if possible as i've gotten so much great advice from here before going that route.

Thanks to both of you !!!!

Jim

Sent you a PM.

Hey guys! I think I heard someone call my name. LOL
Mandoborg, if you haven't worked out getting some of this AR mini soon. PM me.

Side note. I hope all my AA friends are doing well and all have their fish smiling with dorsal fins up. God bless all. OS.

Hey guys! I think I heard someone call my name. LOL
Mandoborg, if you haven't worked out getting some of this AR mini soon. PM me.

Side note. I hope all my AA friends are doing well and all have their fish smiling with dorsal fins up. God bless all. OS.

Were your ears ringing and nose itching Brian.... LOL! Take care friend!

rotala colorata...can be pruned to a hedge and doesnt look awful when you snip the tips... heres mine right hand corner

pwh4.jpg

hdl.JPG

Back
Top Bottom