Recommend some plants and a good place to buy some.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrhelton

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello

I have a 29 and a 10 gallon tank, both of which I want heavily planted (I don't mind trimming all the time, I think the look makes it worth it)

The 29 has dual 24w T5-HO bulbs @6700k with a DIY CO2 system. It currently has Wisteria Plants and Amazon Swords. Using root tabs + flourish in a black gravel substrate.

The 10 has a 20watt @6700k. It currently has Wisteria Plants, Amazon Swords, and an Anubais plant attached to driftwood. Using root tabs + flourish in PFS substrate.

I would like to know

1) What kinds of plants would thrive in a setup like this. Fast growers are preferred but not necessary.
2) Where can I get these plants?

Nice, do you know this guy or something? He seems to have some really good videos, I gonna spend a long time going through these, I just know it

haha, i watch his stuff on youtube and i'm a member on fishtanktv, i spent a whole day watching his videos once :O

Nice, do you know this guy or something? He seems to have some really good videos, I gonna spend a long time going through these, I just know it

no but i watched lots i mean lots of his videos and i know a guy who has got plants from him and he said he gives good ones and hooks u up wit a free one from time to time

yeah, i'm starting another tank soon and i think ima get my plants from him, he seems like a cool guy

yeah, he does dirt and then a layer of gravel on top which seems really smart, i would do it in my tanks but thats a big change and i don't wana deal with it right now :p

If you do go with soil, mineralize it first, it's a better process IMO. Yeah it takes a little extra work and prep, but you get a more complete substrate that already has the organics broken down beforehand.

The dirt method isn't new, it's been well documented in the "Ecology of the planted aquarium" book by diana walstad.

sorry, I re-read this post and thought it was not worded very well. I apologize because I have not ordered from that website so I can not voice an opinion on it.

I am not trying to hurt feelings or anything, this is the first I ever heard about aquaticjungles.com. However, as I am reading and browsing that website I am concerned with the amount of grammatical and/or typing errors. It is very difficult to read and understand the product descriptions due to the amount of errors. I am not an English major, but if I had a business I would want to make sure that people could understand what they are reading, maybe even have a friend or family member proofread it with me. And also do more research and provide more information on each plants requirements. Each plant states "you can grow it in all conditions, low light or highlight".. one actually said "It might die but it will come back". Seriously? You need more information when planning your aquascape than "It grows in a variety of conditions".

just to clarify he sells plants but thats just a side business he does something else

Back
Top Bottom