Recommendation LED light for 36 gallon bow front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rnickwilliams

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm looking to upgrade my T-5 bulb to a LED lighting system for my 36 gallon bow front planted aquarium. I'm looking at the Current USA LED+ 24" to 36". Does anyone out there know if this is adequate for my tank dims? My tank is 36.25"w x 21" h x 15" d. I'm wanting to stay low tech without using pressurized CO2.

I'm looking to upgrade my T-5 bulb to a LED lighting system for my 36 gallon bow front planted aquarium. I'm looking at the Current USA LED+ 24" to 36". Does anyone out there know if this is adequate for my tank dims? My tank is 36.25"w x 21" h x 15" d. I'm wanting to stay low tech without using pressurized CO2.

Sorry correction of measurements 30.25" L x 21" H x 15" D

I'm unfamiliar with the Current, but the Finnex Stingray is good for low-light situations. Amazon has the 30" model for $54.

Seems like a good option. Does the 30" model extend on the ends to fit the 30.25" tank width?

Do you have a max budget? I'd get something a little stronger just in case you want to grow low light to moderate plants, plus bow front tanks are typically tall, which means more water the light needs to penetrate. With that said, I'd get the Finnex Planted+ 24/7. I've had the Current Satellite LED+, but it's pretty low light for that tall of a tank. The StingRay seems it'll be even lower. Anyways, the 24/7 is dimmable and has a built in controller. I also like the Current Satellite LED+ Pro, but it'll have more light capability for the future, in case you want to grow more species of plants, but also is capable of dimming for low light for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom