Red Melon Sword, Sick or old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ph - 7.2
NH3 - 0
NO2 - 0
NO3 - 10ppm
PH4 - 1 ppm
KH - 150
GH - 200 ish, hard to read accurately
Passive CO2, about 21ppm

Dose MgSO4 and K2SO4 every other day
Dose CSM+B to .2ppm iron on other days about 2tsp
Dose KNO3 and KH2PO4 when needed to 20 and 2 ppm
Lighing is 80 watts no flourescent over 2, 10 gallon tanks

I always have some green spot alage but the BN keep that in control. The new leaves look great. Only the lowest and oldest leaves, 3-5 weeks old show this problem. No real holes through the leaves but they look brownish and maybe a little thin.

Is this just the BN making the leaves look bad from rasping, the leaves just being old or is there something I need to fix?

I noticed you have resin rocks.. I added a couple roottabs (Seachem, tho there are other brands.) help out my sword with growth. They are very heavy root feeders

It is mixed resin and small grain river rock. I thought it might be a nutrient deficiency but i never thought about root tabs. I will get them as my crypt wendtii act like they could use them also.

The only problem is I don't know if I want the red melon sword to grow any faster than it is right now. Maybe I will get it good and healthy and trade it to someone for a smaller sword or something else.

Back
Top Bottom