Red tiger lotus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to know too. I just bought a variety pack of bulbs. Does it matter which way is up or down?

Just plant it 2/3 of the way in the substrate being sure not to cover the entire thing. Orientation generally doesn't matter however on some you can obviously see where the top of the bulb is.

Just plant it 2/3 of the way in the substrate being sure not to cover the entire thing. Orientation generally doesn't matter however on some you can obviously see where the top of the bulb is.

How can you obviously see which side is the top on some? Can you elaborate or post a picture?

I actually just lay the bulbs where I want them and they will sprout and root themselves. I rarely ever cover my bulbs as sometimes this can cause them to rot. It also doesn't matter how you lay them as they will send roots and leaves the right direction.

Rivercats you are the most knowledgable on here as far as I can tell so your input is appreciated haha :) however the water current turned it over and made it roll around a couple times and now little leaves are coming from the underside. Should I flip it right side up or can I let it grow and would it grow right side up eventually?

Oh I appreciate everyone's input on here as well too so no one shouldn't feel unappreciated lol x)

If that is the case you can slightly bury the non-leaf end in the substrate and use about 3 small rocks to hold the bulb in place until good roots form to hold it down. Also I would adjust your flow rate if possible.

Back
Top Bottom