Redoing my whole tank, kinda a build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rich6459

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I had this tank up and running for about ehh 4 months now. problems are slowly turning up. I have two Oscars in a what was supposed to be a 75 gallon tank. The measurments of the tank are 4 foot long by 2 1/2 tall by 13 inches wide. The measurments don't really match a 75 gallon. :banghead: Very weird, the really annoying this is I doubt it is barely a 55 gallon. Any who, I want to redo it. I'm donating my fish in there this LSF that I found the other day, and i'm starting right past the step where you have to cycle the tank. I'm adding more sand ( i didn't really add enough in the first place), and I want to put in some caves driftwood rocks and moss.

I want to have fish that are clam and nice with each other, but also have energy. I want something common with Oscar, but not the bioload of the big guy. Down the Cichlid road. I also want shrimp and maybe a snial. I don't really want plants in the tank because I feel like they would die on me (knowing my luck). If any plants that I would think about getting, would be low light plants. i'm not trying to do that co2 system. Plants that could survive on a hood lights and a small amount through the window. I know I kinda limited myself with everything i've said, but if you guys could throw out ideas that would be fantastic. I need your guys full support, this is my first attempt at a planted tank. Call it a build thread in a sense. I know so many of you like those haha.

there not exactly along the lines of what you were thinking,but rainbow sharks are great. and fine with plants. some great lowlight plants are java moss,java fern,anubius,and hornwort

How many should I think about getting, and what fish would go good with that. and would they go after shrimp ( I kinda really want shrimp).

How many should I think about getting, and what fish would go good with that. and would they go after shrimp ( I kinda really want shrimp).
only one,they hate each other. i imagine once it got full size,it would take out most smaller shrimp,but amanos would probably be fine

What do you think about this project? I've posted this before, but just reposting to make sure lol?

How to Invent.... A Rocky Cliff

How big do rainbow sharks get?
sorry i'm asking question after question but what kind of moss is this?

http://www.aquatic-store.com/media/Caridina_japonica.jpg
rainbow sharks max out at about 6 inches,the rocky cliff thing is up to you,seems easy enough,and the moss doesnt really matter,most(all?)are low light,so its just what you think looks best

True I'm really considering the cliff idea, because my tank is only 13 inches wide. Is the there any basic landscaping design for such think tanks.

Back
Top Bottom