Renegade's 15 gallon Planted for Peacock gudgeon and Scarlet badis - Suggestions?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you ladies, I'll do some additional checking on that. TankinWithUs, if I remember correctly from your thread, you added quite a bit of Dwarf sag did you not?

I added 4 crowns...I'm considering adding 4 more along the back. Not sure yet. It's growing so well that it would be fun to use as a wall. The Endlers and RCS love it.

Still deciding ;)

This is looking like a great start! Beautiful fish. Fun Tigers! I think the little hunting fish will eat most of any babies if you have a pair there! My little hunters pretty much ate all the Fire red shrimp. :( Then over time they went too and now there are shrimp again.

This is looking like a great start! Beautiful fish. Fun Tigers! I think the little hunting fish will eat most of any babies if you have a pair there! My little hunters pretty much ate all the Fire red shrimp. :( Then over time they went too and now there are shrimp again.

Thank you, I agree that the hunters will probably eliminate most of the babies (if I have a pair). I'm in process of attempting to determine if they are tigers or super tigers and once I know that then I can add some additional shrimp, allow them to establish a decent population of adults and then move the fish in. Have to see what happens however.

never mind, didn't work. Anyone know how to download a video from an I phone to Youtube?

never mind, didn't work. Anyone know how to download a video from an I phone to Youtube?

I use an app called Capture on my iPhone to do this. Not sure if if came with the os or if I got it from the App Store. Anyhow, it lets you select videos from your device, merge them with other videos, add music, and post to youtube. I believe you will need to setup a YouTube account as well. Once posted, it will provide a url link to the video. You can share, email, etc the link or embed in a forum post.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Trying this again; female with a nice swollen yellow belly and a nice visual display, indicating she is getting ready to spawn.

I use an app called Capture on my iPhone to do this. Not sure if if came with the os or if I got it from the App Store. Anyhow, it lets you select videos from your device, merge them with other videos, add music, and post to youtube. I believe you will need to setup a YouTube account as well. Once posted, it will provide a url link to the video. You can share, email, etc the link or embed in a forum post.

Thanks Fresh, that worked like a charm, it is an App from the App store, but its a free App. Now I just need to get some music uploaded to my iPhone.

Thanks Fresh, that worked like a charm, it is an App from the App store, but its a free App. Now I just need to get some music uploaded to my iPhone.

You can use the default music provided by the app itself. Not too many songs but it covers a variety situations.

You can use the default music provided by the app itself. Not too many songs but it covers a variety situations.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that. I didn't have a lot of time this morning from the time I saw the post to the time I had to be to work LOL, just happy to have gotten the video up.

Couple more pictures of the shrimp. I've been talking to the guy that first imported the Super Tigers, and he says based on size, these are likely Super Tigers, rather than standard Tiger shrimp. Unfortunately, I'm so new to shrimp that I've no idea.

Nice picture of both of them together

Was reading, and it indicates that the width of the female shrimps body should be distinctly larger than the male - these look pretty much the same, and I think I see the rounded undercarriage, so I'm guess that both are female?

This one shows off the nice tail color.

Do they use the wood for spawning?

I presume that you mean the Peacocks? If so, they use caves - I had a couple small charcoal caves left over from my shrimp tank, so I placed those in the tank to see what happens.

Last edited:
I presume that you mean the Peacocks? If so, they use caves - I had a couple small charcoal caves left over from my shrimp tank, so I placed those in the tank to see what happens.

Mine spawned three times, twice underneath (quite literally *under* the plant) a plant and once more in a cave I made out of small, smooth, stones.

Definitely for the peacocks, thanks.

How many do you have in the tank and what's your M/F ratio?

Definitely for the peacocks, thanks.

How many do you have in the tank and what's your M/F ratio?

It is rather hard to tell for sure because the tank is so overgrown. I believe that there are five in there, with three females and two males, however my count could be off.

Tried a blue background, just to see how it would look . . .

Black

vs. Blue

Thoughts?

Threw a little hornwort in to help absorb the ammonia - should grow like a weed LOL. Did some research on super tiger shrimp's native environment (China), and it appears that they are found in pools with lots of Java moss.

I've always thought my Peacock Gudgeon's were a pretty drab brown, certainly nothing like some of the almost purple ones I see in photos and video's online. As I've paid a bit more attention, and done some photographing of them over the past couple weeks, as we've prepared for the big tank swap I've noticed that they do have a lot of color. I wonder if the it has to do with lighting - I bet blues would bring out more of the purple/red on them.

Back
Top Bottom