Restarting my 10 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well after my 10 gallon was let go it went crazy and most of my plants died sadly and i got a lot of algea growth which im fighting against. i was just wondering if anyone had extra plants or trimmings they would be willing to give or sell to me in a couple weeks when i have everything running good and maybe some aquascaping ideas, im planning on going with more of an open look maybe with glosse in the foreground with hygro or something in the back any suggestiosn would be great. BTW i have 48 watts of t-8 lighting and have a EI dosing schedule and hopefully will soon be getting pressurized co2.

Hey ryan. Glad you're gettin your 10 gal back in order. PM me when you're ready and I can provide some trimming for ya!

Also feel free to ask if you have any questions (obviously). I have a 10 gal with dwarf puffers I set up a week or two ago and just love the tank size.

Pressurized CO2 might be a bit overkill and expensive, as with that size DIY would work well. Still, you could just get a smaller tank b/c it would last you a long time.

Sounds like you're on a good path. Check back when you're ready, post in the classifieds section, I'm sure some of us can help you out.

I wouldn't call having presurized CO2 on that size aquarium overkill, as I love having pressurized on my 10 gallon. Of course it's plumbed with a manifold to supply my 5.5 gallon and 2.5 gallon as well. Even with feeding three aquariums 24/7 a 5 lbs cylinder lasts 5-7 months. With just a 10 gallon you could easily go a year, and then add on either a timer or a pH controller and it would last even longer.

Well i got to thinking last night that i might buy a 20 or 29 gallon to replace the 10gallon so i have more room for plants and transfer everything over its only an idea i may just stick with the 10 and see what i can do before going to a big size.

I run a pressurized system on my 2.5g. Is that overkill?

Ryan, a larger tank will give you more room to work, that's for sure.

well if i get a 20 gallon i wont have to upgrade my filter or lights just get more plants and substrate which i needed to do anyways.

Back
Top Bottom