Riccia Fluitans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TropicalG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I have just bought some Riccia Fluitans and I'm planning on attaching it to some driftwood to put in my tank. I have a low tech planted aquarium and dont want to use C02. I also have a T8 light and would like to avoid buying LEDs or a T5 to help with plant growth. I have been assured that Riccia Fluitans can grown in a very wide range of environments. Do you think the Riccia Fluitans will survive in my tank? Some advice would be great, thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi. I have just bought some Riccia Fluitans and I'm planning on attaching it to some driftwood to put in my tank. I have a low tech planted aquarium and dont want to use C02. I also have a T8 light and would like to avoid buying LEDs or a T5 to help with plant growth. I have been assured that Riccia Fluitans can grown in a very wide range of environments. Do you think the Riccia Fluitans will survive in my tank? Some advice would be great, thanks

It's depends. My source says it does well with additional co2 levels but which plant doesn't?

It's all about the co2 requirement and availability. T8 lighting is normally fairly low PAR which should reduce the carbon requirement of the plant but if the natural available co2 in your tank is being used by other fast growing plants then it may not do so well. If it's the only plant in there or is stocked with a few slower growers it might survive.

You just have to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I currently use liquid fertilizers and root tabs for my plants and they seem to be ok. I will be re-scaping my tank before adding the Riccia Fluitans so they shouldnt be competing too much with other plants. I will see how it goes.

I just got some and had it in a high light, Co2 and ferts 10gal and its turning tan....sooo.

Back
Top Bottom