Ridin' Dirty: Dallascowboys16 tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are so lucky to have a good LFS. Mine in awful, and I usually have to drive anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours (most of the time) to get any cool fish. Cool fish though!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok, Ive done a lot with the tank since the last update. Yesterday I did a rearrangement of some plants and removed a piece of Wood (Not my Manzanita) to clear up more space for the Limno A and Rotala Colorata that Fresh sent me and I received on Wednesday. I also moved the Kleiner Bar Sword from the left foreground to the Midground Middle right. I like it better there and it gets more light so it should color up a little bit more. The Green myrio is growing like a nuisance and so is the Ludwigia sp. Dark Red. Ill have a picture update tonight to show how the tank looks now. Im going to be looking for a foreground suggestion for the left side of the tank in front of the Limno A and Myrio so if you have any Ideas toss 'em out there. :thanks:

Heres a shot from before I added the Limno and rotala. The tank was just rearranged a little yesterday so it doesn't look like this anymore. Ill have the new pics up when the lights come on. Also I got a new Farlowella cat. He's a big male about 6-7 inches and he is very full bodied and was the lone survivor from the shipment my first one came in a month ago. He's doing good and is very active compared to the last one. Ill get a pic of him when the lights come on as well. Also Im having a little bout with hair algae right now and Im trying to find the cause. Ive dialed down the lights to 70% for 6 hrs a day and it seems to have receded a hair but still there. Ive started dosing nitrates again as Ive heard low nitrates can be a cause. If you have any input on that I would appreciate it as well. :thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 72
Heres and overdue update on this tank: All of the fish are doing great and the farlowella is growing long tail filaments that are around an inch or two now. All of the plants are growing well and Im really enjoying the tank right now. This picture was taken about a week ago right after a trim:

Attachments

• IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 63
That is looking beautiful! It is nice when you get to enjoy the tank!!! It is good to hear the Farlowella is growing out nicely. Does that mean it is a male?

Looks awesome man!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is looking beautiful! It is nice when you get to enjoy the tank!!! It is good to hear the Farlowella is growing out nicely. Does that mean it is a male?

Thanks :thanks: No, The farlowella was already an identified male because of the bristling on his rostrum. The filaments are just cool :lol:

Heres a shot from before I added the Limno and rotala. The tank was just rearranged a little yesterday so it doesn't look like this anymore. Ill have the new pics up when the lights come on. Also I got a new Farlowella cat. He's a big male about 6-7 inches and he is very full bodied and was the lone survivor from the shipment my first one came in a month ago. He's doing good and is very active compared to the last one. Ill get a pic of him when the lights come on as well. Also Im having a little bout with hair algae right now and Im trying to find the cause. Ive dialed down the lights to 70% for 6 hrs a day and it seems to have receded a hair but still there. Ive started dosing nitrates again as Ive heard low nitrates can be a cause. If you have any input on that I would appreciate it as well. :thanks:

Tank on brotha!

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom