RIVERCATS Nuvo 24g Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivercats

Aquarium Advice Addict
My daughter and I decided to finally get a Rimless tank. She decided on a Nuvo Rimless 24g Nano which I really like as it sits up on legs. It's glass but seamless with rounded edges. It's very unique. I decided to get a Build My LED fixture for it's sleekness and the fact I have been very pleased with the light output and color spectrum. It also has a dimmer which goes down to 10% which is really nice.

This tank is going to be for Nano fish. So far there are 6 Purple Pencilfish, 6 Scarlet Badis, and 3 Blue Cobalt Gobies waiting in another tank. I will add 6-12 more pencilfish for sure and then the rest of the stock list is undecided.

Here's a picture of the tank after it was set up. It's not fully planted by far. We used the new Eco-complete fine which I was rather surprised to find that it isn't solid black but has a lot of rust colored grains in it also.

Attachments

• 24 GALLON NUVO.JPG
    24 GALLON NUVO.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 345
Looks good! I like the white rocks with the dark DW. Do I see a few AR mini in there? LOL.

You most certainly do! Funny story about those... I went out one day to do some serious trimming and I see this red "clump" floating around. It was the size of a baseball and I'm thinking "what the heck". Then I look and there was a barely noticeable hole in the middle of the AR Mini. Seems they got so thick that whole section got pushed right out! But the rest spread out and there was barely a hole to show where they came from! So I took the wad apart and put some in that tank, the 55g that I started a thread on, and some in the Fluval 12g. There is also a whole section of Rotala Mini Butterfly next to the Pogostemon Erectus that you can't even see. I'm also trying to figure out how to get some of my Fissidens Fontanus free of baby MTS's for the DW as we don't want snails in this tank. I also have to find some Anubia Nana Petite for under the DW in the dark hole to brighten it up. The gobies we have and the ones we are looking at will want all the rock and crevices under the DW. I'm sure others will be disappointed I'm not doing an Igwami style with this tank but that style just won't work for the fish we want. I think when it's done and grown in with the touches of red plants it will look pretty awesome.

That's a really nice tank! Nice choice.

Funny part is I didn't have any say in the tank. I didn't even know it was bought until it was on it's way! I do like the look with the rounded seamless corners and the glass legs it sits on. It has all the filtration and room for heaters, etc., in the back since it was designed for a reef. There won't be any visible equipment in the tank itself which I love.

This tank is in it's earliest stage with lots more adjustments to come!

I know when I first ordered the AR mini, I was so scared of it. I just knew it was going to be delicate and fussy. Man was I wrong! The stuff is hardy and grows like a weed! I love it. Yours is growing alot faster than mine. WTG. OS.

If you're looking for a real centerpiece, dicrossus filamentosa would be a cool one, a nice dwarf cichlid that is quite peaceful. I know you already have rams in another tank, so I figured I'd offer up something different. A ivanacarra species would be cool as well

I've kept checkboard cichlids before but they are going to be too big with the size of the other fish. I was thinking a Rachovii killifish pair and an Australian Gold killifish pair. They are both small enough to keep with the small Scarlet Badis.

Definitely the rachovii! Fundulopanchax sjoestedti, just came across these kilis and they are awesome looking

My daughter was think about a couple Orange Dwarf Mexican Crayfish and Thai Micro Crabs.

Wow beautiful setup..Looks all modern and high tech already. I haven't seen many of these setup as FW (yes, I know it's designed for reef) so that makes it even more special IMO. How are the pumps in the filter compartment? Are they adjustable? Makes me wonder if the GPH rate is high like the stock pump on my nano cube?

As for other nano fish... there's always pygmy corys, CPDs, chili rasboras, and clown kilifish as options.

Oh and.. Sparkling Gouramis

Edit: oops... just saw your other thread on the 55g after I posted here...lol

Scratch the nano fish suggestions.. you already got then! Haha

Last edited:
My daughter was think about a couple Orange Dwarf Mexican Crayfish and Thai Micro Crabs.

I think the CPO might eat the Microcrabs. My baby CPOs at every baby shrimp they could find and I know the Thai MC are so small, that the adult CPO could get them.

But they are awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom