So I spent 4-5 hours setting up and planting my 10 gallon. When it was about 3/4 full my large piece of driftwood floated up and ripped out a bunch of plants. It'll never be the same as I had originally intended. I had a meltdown.
I found a good rock to weigh it down the next day and this pic is what I ended up with. (The white stone is coming out in a few weeks when I'm confident in the driftwood being waterlogged enough.) If you're wondering, I soaked the driftwood for a week, changing the water daily, and I boiled it for a few hours too. Hopefully everything grows over and covers my mistakes!
This is my first attempt to keep a planted tank. 1st lesson learned, hundreds more to go.