Root tabs.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I haven't had to use root tabs in a long while, but am looking at doing some changes in my tank. What does everyone recommend?

I personally like the ones from AquariumPlants.com I use the total, phosphate, and iron ones. By the phosphate and iron tabs being seperate I can custom select what my plants need. Swords like extra phosphate and iron so I can add extras of just those nutrients. It's worked well for me for over a year. Seachem makes a good root tab and I've gotten good results with them in the past.

Ahhh, thanks. Now looking through some new plants to add to my tank. Decisions, decisions, lol. Lots to choose from, lol

Just throwing this out there.. If you don't mind going the DIY route it will save you money. It was mentioned to me on here by a member to go buy Osmocote indoor/outdoor formula, put up to 6 pellets in each section of an ice tray and fill with old tank water and freeze. I bought a smaller bottle of Osmocote at walmart for a little over $6 and I can tell only using at the maximum 6 pellets per cube it will last a long time. Ive been using seachem flourish tabs and I just added some of these DIY Osmocote ones (I only used 3-4 pellets per section since I'm still using the seachem ones as well) and my amazon sword atleast as really taken off.

Back
Top Bottom