roots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends. There is usually an adjustment period for plants that just get added to your aquarium which seems to me to take about a week. It also depends on the substrate; a well fertilized substrate will cause quicker root growth than inert substrate.

All in all I would say a few days to a little over a week on average

Right on 3 of the plants seem to be doing well however one of the danios I put in the tank yesterday dislodged one of my plants so I didn't replant it for fear it would stir up my sand and choke the fish so I snagged it on some drift wood but its looking a bit rough

Your sand wont choke fish. They actually have absolutely no trouble sifting it through their gills and digging in it :) what plants are they? Also, where did you get them?

They are 3 anubias bartari and one anubius cong-something and I got them from aqurialife.com its the drs. Foster and smith website

Actually anubias roots should not be buried in the substrate, they need to be attached to a rock or driftwood.

I usually tie Anubias to DW or rocks w cotton thread. You can plant the actual roots, but the Rhizome ( thick horizontal root ) needs to be above the substrate. Tying it or gently super glueing is usually easier.

I usually tie Anubias to DW or rocks w cotton thread. You can plant the actual roots, but the Rhizome ( thick horizontal root ) needs to be above the substrate. Tying it or gently super glueing is usually easier.

indeed ive read both ways(attaching it and planting roots) like i said 2 of the batari(sp) and the other one are doing decent, its just the one that got dislodged from the sub that isnt doing well, like i said i snagged it on a piece of drift wood yesterday afternoon, and added a half dose of florish this morning cause its still looking rough

indeed ive read both ways(attaching it and planting roots) like i said 2 of the batari(sp) and the other one are doing decent, its just the one that got dislodged from the sub that isnt doing well, like i said i snagged it on a piece of drift wood yesterday afternoon, and added a half dose of florish this morning cause its still looking rough

A lot of plants are bought in their emersed form and haven't adjusted to living underwater yet. They will commonly shed all of their leaves and grow all new ones that look completely different.

If you bought the plants in either a plastic package or a tube that wasn't in the water than this is probably the cause of their rough shape.

A lot of plants are bought in their emersed form and haven't adjusted to living underwater yet. They will commonly shed all of their leaves and grow all new ones that look completely different.

If you bought the plants in either a plastic package or a tube that wasn't in the water than this is probably the cause of their rough shape.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:
I kinda thought so, i ordered them on a sunday and they got to me on a tuesday and spent the day on my desk in the box, they were just packed in damp newpaper in a plastic bag, should i increase my dose of florish and prune off the leaves? or just let them shed(die and melt away) on there own?

Back
Top Bottom