Roots coming out of substract

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or you could just leave them.
If the roots are going in and out you might just bury them but if they're reaching out and the ends are shooting up then it might indicate that there isn't as much fertilizer in the substrate and it's looking for some more through the water column.

Those aren't roots to any of your plants. It appears to be a type of algae starting. The pic's are so small I can't get an ID but what are your tank parameters? Nitrate, Phosphates? What type of ferts are you using and how often? CO2 or Liquid Carbon? Also what is your lighting/bulbs and how long are you running them daily?

No I'm talking about the long fuzzy strands coming out all over the substrate where there are no plants.

My levels are spot on, i have a co2 injection that runs for 7 hours then off before lights out, only fert i been using is ada step 2. Bulbs are standard 20w one blue and one white

Do you have any crypts or swords in the tank? Those are the most common deep, extensive rooters that can spread that far. If they are indeed roots then they do that due to lack of nutrients.

My crypts would do that to me all the time. I'm not sure why either, as they had root tabs right under them.

Do you have any crypts or swords in the tank? Those are the most common deep, extensive rooters that can spread that far. If they are indeed roots then they do that due to lack of nutrients.

Not sure what i have, with the co2 and the ada step 2, they have been growing really good

My crypts never did that but whenever I got lax with putting root tabs under my swords I always had that issue. I would cover them but over time they would eventually send new ones up.

Back
Top Bottom