Rotala help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philip99

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Rotala indica has been, should I say rotting from the bottom like the leaves have lost all their color does anyone know what the problem might be?

image-4124264146.jpg

image-2948323607.jpg

My levels are
Ph 7.6
Nitrate 10ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Ammonia 0ppm

55g tank
2x 54w t5HO 6700k
Fuval c4 HOB
DIY co2
Does KNO3 every 3rd day to keep 10ppm nitrate
Lights on for 10hrs

Stock
6 turquoise rainbows
3 Cory cats
3 black skirt tetras
2 zebra danios

Just curious but in the picture the tall bunch looks to be planted together in a bundle. They should be planted individually with alittle space between each. The lower leaves may not be getting enough light. Also, you say you dose nitrates but what about other macro and micro nutrients?

I would agree that it is much better to try and get some spacing between the stems. This sounds like a lighting deficiency to me but your lighting is at least adequate to keep it green. If you spread out the stems you should see better growth and health of the lower portions of the plant because the leaves will get better light.

Lack of micronutrients might also be playing a role. Rotting stems is usually a light issue or a CO2/distribution issue. The fading colors point to a light issue and/or micronutrients.

aqua_chem said:
Lack of micronutrients might also be playing a role. Rotting stems is usually a light issue or a CO2/distribution issue. The fading colors point to a light issue and/or micronutrients.

So what do you suggest dosing?

Given that we are talking about the lowest leaves manifesting a problem, I would try moving/thinning the stems before dosing much of anything. If that doesn't help consider a trace mix like flourish trace or a K/trace mix like API leafzone.

Alright so I just thinned it out and moved everything and this is what it now looks like

image-1841320723.jpg

image-4122011638.jpg

And further suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom