Setting up first planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricco34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up a 10 gallon planted tank soon and I need to know what kind of plants are easy to take care of, can live in just sand, and what fish could I put in there. I was thinking some tetras, any ram cichlids, a gourami , or something else. Please help

I am setting up a 10 gallon planted tank soon and I need to know what kind of plants are easy to take care of, can live in just sand, and what fish could I put in there. I was thinking some tetras, any ram cichlids, a gourami , or something else. Please help

First we need to know what lights you will have and will you be dosing ferts/co2?
Most tetras should be fine. I wouldn't recommend putting a gourami in because they can be a bit aggressive. They do better in larger tanks. You may be able to get away with a ram but you won't be able to have many other fish.
I would go with shrimp, and some male endlers.

I have LED lights with no Co2

What brand and possibly model are the led lights?

Any stock LEDs that come with a tank are good for low light plants such as anubias, java fern, java moss, bolbitis, and crypts.

Back
Top Bottom