Should I get a CO2 system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Svenix

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to be setting up a 50g planted aquarium in a couple weeks. Is it recommended to have a CO2 system? I found something on a local classified that got me thinking about it. It's called an "American Marine Inc. Pinpoint PH Controller" And it comes with a big supposedly unused CO2 tank for $60.
Is that the right thing or something completely different?
Thanks,
Svenix.

I dnt knw much about the equipment but i can tell you that you will need co2 for some plants. If you reall want a true planted tank you may also mees to upgrade lighting. What kind of lighting do you have?

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I believe there will be 120W total.

Pressurized co2 means you need to refill the canister fairly regularly though if you don't mind that it's deffinately a good idea. A slightly less effective but much more simple method is to use liquid carbon like flourish excel which isn't the same but deffinately gets the job done

What About CO2?

I'm going to be setting up a 50g planted aquarium in a couple weeks. Is it recommended to have a CO2 system? I found something on a local classified that got me thinking about it. It's called an "American Marine Inc. Pinpoint PH Controller" And it comes with a big supposedly unused CO2 tank for $60.
Is that the right thing or something completely different?
Thanks,
Svenix.

Hello S...

The reading I've done says, as you increase the lighting in the tank, you increase the plants' need for CO2. Low to moderate light plants will do fine without it. The plants that require stronger light will grow better if you add CO2. Just research the requirements of the plants you want and decide if your plants need it.

Pretty simple.

B

Back
Top Bottom