Should I get a live plant for my 10 gallon aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if I should get a real live plant for my tank. :)

maxwellag said:
I was wondering if I should get a real live plant for my tank. :)

I'd say yes, because I really enjoy my planted tank. Depending on your set up, maybe start small and cheap like anacharis. See if you like it and step up as you feel more comfortable with it.

Plantgeek.net is a good site to show you what's out there and how hard it is to keep. That's why I suggested anacharis because it grows in the dark and is the one plant most every LFS will have.

Just be wary of some stores that sell non-aquatic plants, as they will only rot and foul your tank.

Good luck and there's a planted section here that has many good people to help you out.

See you on the green side :D.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

+ 1-4
go for it! It can be more work if you get alot, but 1-4 plants will add to your tank and you will feel better about what your fish swim in.
If you are on the fence about it just look at some of the tanks on this site or others!

I ended up getting a plant called frill. It looks good and grows moderately fast. I split it into a few plants.

I was told one live plant would be fine in my 10g so i did and now i am in the process of converting from fake to live plants, because i love them so much.

Back
Top Bottom