Show off your planted tank(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I have two T5 bulbs. One is a color max bulb and the other is a 6700k bulb. The fixture is a coralife dual. Is this enough for those plants? I think they would look very nice in my tank.

Not sure. I know its a coralife aqualight t5 dual though. It may be the normal one.

May I make a suggestion? If you get rid of your background and go flat black, your scape would look SOO much better. Your driftwood would pop out beautifully and your greens will be greener. I feel your background washes everything out :(

You were right lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130904_212149.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130904_212149.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 109
I know I know. Im waiting to see how my lights do with these ones first. This is my first planted tank.

I cant seem to get my water clear. All my levels are good. Any suggestions? Or is that just wat happens when everything is real in it?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130907_204334.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_204334.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
The sand has been in the tank for months now. I just switched from fake decorations to all libe plants and wood. Parameters are good and im running a fluval 305 canister and a 60 gallon hang on back

When I had the fake stuff the water used to be crystal clear. Its been setup with all the live stuff for a week now.

The sponges, a tray and a half of ceramic rings and a tray and a half of activated carbon.

Wats purigen and where can I get it? And carbon is probably gettin close to 2 months

You can get purigen at any decent fish store or on amazon.com. Carbon only lasts a few weeks, so that's probably your problem. Purigen is good at removing excess organics from the water, which is probably what you're seeing from the additions of wood and live plants. Purigen can also be recharged instead of replaced, like carbon.

Back
Top Bottom