Shrimp Walkabouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricardo48

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started out with 5 Amano Shrimp.

Now after 5 weeks I only have 2. The thing is there are no bodies in the tank and no fish big enough to eat them.

However yesterday on the carpet some 3 metres from my tank next to the wall I find a shriveled up corpse of a shrimp.

How and why have they left the tank and walked that far from my tank. Has this been known to happen?

i call them roaches they drive me crazy. they can jump from the tank and crawl.

when ever i am packing them they jump right as i pour them in. then they crawl around.

i've had some jumpers too. and yeah they can crawl away too. they can jump away anytime but i've heard that when you first put them in your tank you should keep it covered for a week or two till they get used to your tank.

Mine would eat at the top of my tank then get spooked and jump out (I think). I dont know how or why but I have found many a shrimp on the floor. You can try to block all ways out but my tank was covered and they got out.

Found one shrimp (dead) last week behind my tank.. Tank has a glass top, so it jumped from the back where the HOB is... Sneaky buggers

Me too, those idiots can cruise a pretty good way before they croak. And roaches is about the most accurate description Ive ever heard of them.

Back
Top Bottom