Sink driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grand1011

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a piece of driftwood 5 days ago. soaked it for a day and then tied Anubis and java moss to it. I went to place it in the tank and it floats, so I have positioned on top so that the wood is completely covered and all the plants stay in the water. today I went to fell if the buoyancy of the wood was any different and it doesn't seem to be any different. I will most likely have to weight it down but I don't know how to go about doing this. I could maybe go to home depot and find a piece of slate and tie it to the wood with fishing line. I don't want to use silicon at all because the plants are already tied on. is there any other way besides rocks or metal, which could affect water chemistry, that will help hold the wood down?

Not that I have heard of. If you don't want to tie the wood to the tile, is there room to put a rock on top of the wood to hold it down? It's a lot less destructive visually to your tank the less you disturb your substrate....

Not that I have heard of. If you don't want to tie the wood to the tile, is there room to put a rock on top of the wood to hold it down? It's a lot less destructive visually to your tank the less you disturb your substrate....

there are a few spaces where a rock could be fitted. what type of rock is best?

Whatever is big enough to hold it down. I know there is a few types that can't be used, but slate, granite, shale, sandstone...they are all safe. If in doubt, put a few drops of vinegar in it and if it bubbles, toss it back in the woods

You could try lightweight fishing line. Tie the DW to a rock or piece of slate. Or take a drill bit and put it though a piece of slate and use stainless steel screws. Of you don't like SS you could try nylon screws.

Back
Top Bottom