Sk3llys 60P Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hoping to order my eheim canister and lilly pipes whilst im away and arranging delivery for the day i get back. Friday 3rd Oct

Once home i will then order the tank. Probably friday 10th Oct.

I will then travel to thegreenmachines shop in Wales on 19th Oct to buy my hardscape and get final tips from their staff.

I will then transfer the old tank into my fish cupboard and properly level my surface, as well as making space for the canister. The tank can then start to be scaped

Theres a better update lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wales.. Wow...what do you do for a livin'...more importantly..are you hiring..?

Haha im not rich! I live in England, about a 4 hour drive from Wales. I am a plumber though by trade and no im not hiring lol

Haha im not rich! I live in England, about a 4 hour drive from Wales. I am a plumber though by trade and no im not hiring lol

ha..thats kinda crazy..i'm a plumber also.. I install the residential and commercial mains...

Looking to hook up an inline reactor on my eheim canister. Is this what im looking for?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411948114.883996.jpg

I don't think so?? I've seen the in line ones loaded with bio balls getting all the attention..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ah ok. I think the bio balls will move in the flow which helps diffuse the co2 into the water. The reactor I posted had an impeller to achieve this same effect

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yah, think it's just surface area for the co2 to grab longer as to diffuse better, that one you posted plug in? Looks rally nice, you could probably load it up with something if needed?

No I think the impeller is propelled by the moving water flow

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hmm, based on the numerous threads I've lurked on tpt I'd really have to say that the bio ball one seems to be the best in show.. you can purchase them too. I've no real first hand experience, just going off what I've read...

Following! Learned so much from you already. I was planning on building my defuser. But I like the idea of just buying one. Interesting to see which you go with. Thanks again for all the help.

Eheim experience 150 on order
Do aqua outflow lilly on order
Do aqua intake lilly on order

All is good. Wont be able to visit the TGM shop until saturday 8th November. Commitments have pushed the tank build a bit further back :( cant be helped though

Things happen.. tanks can't always be the center of attention..

Things happen.. tanks can't always be the center of attention..

I could just order the hardscape, but id rather hand pick it and gain aquascaping tips from mr findley

I could just order the hardscape, but id rather hand pick it and gain aquascaping tips from mr findley

Nahhh, in person will be a much more fulfilling experience I'd say.

Nahhh, in person will be a much more fulfilling experience I'd say.

Yea i reckon so too. Plus it gives me time to set up the cannister now and get it seeded ready for new tank

Back
Top Bottom