Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well looks to be maybe 100 or so eggs. Lets see if they make it through the night. Need to find homes for them though once they start to grow up if they make it

Oh really will the pygmy corys go after them?
ive heard other members speak if losing eggs to Cory's.. Habrosus are pretty small so they may stay away from the rams??? If you are serious about hatching them out you may want to explore proper methods.. I really have no experience with rams breeding. Dragon does though!

Id love to get some money back from the tank. Tomoz im going to phone all my local fish stores to see if they are interested. Im looking for someone to tell me the proper methods so i know what im up against. Also looking to find out a general price for maybe a 1/2 month old ram. Then i can assess to see if its worth investing in

Hi Sk3lly,
Don't count your chickens(rams) before they hatch. LOL. I have a pair that has spawned 5 times now and they still loose the eggs within 36 hrs. I've been letting the eggs stay with the parents hoping they would learn to take care of them. So far no luck. Next time they spawn I am going to take the eggs out and put in a floating breeder box till they hatch. Then raising the hatched fry is an "adventure" I have yet to learn. LOL.
Brookster, your comment about the Corys getting to the eggs may be my problem. The parents seem to guard them well but they still would "disappear". I have two albinos in the tank with the Rams. Been a frustrating experience so far for me. If they don't hurry up and behave or if I never get a clue as to how to do it, the Rams may turn back into pure bred Endlers. OS.

Id love to get some money back from the tank. Tomoz im going to phone all my local fish stores to see if they are interested. Im looking for someone to tell me the proper methods so i know what im up against. Also looking to find out a general price for maybe a 1/2 month old ram. Then i can assess to see if its worth investing in
well I'm currently raising up apisto fry ( first time) and it's kind of a lot of work.. I'm guessing no one will buy your fry before they are atleast an inch which could take months.. I'd say if you're not ready to go 110% on this let nature do it's thing.. Ain't nothing wrong with a fat happy Cory! Besides if they're dropping eggs that fast I'm sure you'll have another chance at it later !

Hi Sk3lly,
Don't count your chickens(rams) before they hatch. LOL. I have a pair that has spawned 5 times now and they still loose the eggs within 36 hrs. I've been letting the eggs stay with the parents hoping they would learn to take care of them. So far no luck. Next time they spawn I am going to take the eggs out and put in a floating breeder box till they hatch. Then raising the hatched fry is an "adventure" I have yet to learn. LOL.
Brookster, your comment about the Corys getting to the eggs may be my problem. The parents seem to guard them well but they still would "disappear". I have two albinos in the tank with the Rams. Been a frustrating experience so far for me. If they don't hurry up and behave or if I never get a clue as to how to do it, the Rams may turn back into pure bred Endlers. OS.

I read that rams can lay unfertile eggs more than once so im not gonna rush out to buy anything until i know for sure. So far there has always been one of the two hovering over the eggs. They are funny to watch. The female will go off and have a swim about then swim happily back to the male. They will hover together then the male will swim off. Its like the changing of the guard lol. Thankfully the other fish havnt paid too much attention. Its a waiting game now.

What's your trick with dwarf hair grass?

Luck i think. I bought the stuff with no knowledge of how to grow it. I got ok lighting. Needs to be upgraded down the line. I use pressurised co2 and dry ferts pps pro now. I bought the stuff when i had stock low level lighting, no co2 and no ferts and it still grew and carpeted. So who knows lol. Certainly grows faster and greener now though

Cant wait until my anubias grows regular new leafs so i can remove my old algae affected ones. Currently every 3 weeks roughly between new leaves

Watching the Rams guard the eggs IS a lot of fun.
Sk3lly, it must be cause it's spring and all the critters are wanting to reproduce. lol.
That shrimp does look berried. OS.

Watching the Rams guard the eggs IS a lot of fun.
Sk3lly, it must be cause it's spring and all the critters are wanting to reproduce. lol.
That shrimp does look berried. OS.

Haha must be the spring!!! My girlfriend is really wanting a baby too lol.
Im going to need a bigger tank!! Haha

I almost want to stay up all night and help the rams guard their eggs. Not sure if work would be very happy with me though lol. I guess nature has to take its course

Happy spring time to you! This thread certainly got lively fast :D I'm loving the red in your plants and the dwarf grass too. Can't wait till my cherries berry.

Back
Top Bottom