smaller bags of eco-complete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_in_MN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20g high tank with one 20 lb bag of eco-complete in it, and now realize that I could probably stand to put around another 5-10 lbs of the substrate in it. The problem is, they seem to only come in 20 lb bags.

Has anyone seen something smaller than 20 lbs for eco-complete? Or, if not, is there something else I could substitute instead that's about as good as that product that would look almost exactly like it?

Hmmm.

I guess I could get some black sand (actually, I already have some from PetCo), but I'm not sure how well it would blend in with the eco-complete.

I guess one option would be to split a bag with someone else, if I knew someone in the area that could use 10 lbs of the stuff.

When I was doing a tank, I bought the last two bags of Fluorite Black available at my LFS. It didn't quite get as deep as I wanted it to do, so I used some TMS to get the depth I wanted. I have regretted it since then. Sand can be a real pain in the butt sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom