Snail Infestation, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alice220

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a plant, hornwart I think, and it must have had snail eggs on it. I found a few snails a week later, but they are multiplying by the week and I cannot take it anymore. I went back to the pet store and the guy looked at me like I was crazy, but he said they had some kind of golden snails or something in there. I don't think he really knew what he was talking about. Anyway, I don't know if these snails are safe for my tank and fish. I don't know what to do, I just don't want them in there any more. I think I have at least 30 right now. 8O Please, has anyone had this problem before?

Alison

Hitchhiker snails are pretty common on plants and most aren't harmful just a nuisence. There are fish you could get to control them. What size tank do you have?

Welcome to Aquarium Advice. :D

Try putting a piece of lettuce in the tank overnight. Take it and the snails out and discard. Repeat as necessary. Loaches also eat the snails when they are small. Good luck. :D

clown loaches are the favorite amongst aquarist to irridicate snails. Mines vanquished them in less than 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom