Snail question :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Folks,
Hope all finds you well! Stupid question--sliming on my tank glass are these thin worm like creatures. I have hundreds of snails in my tank. Are these little 1/4 inch threadlike things sliming up and down the glass baby snails with no shells? Im snail illiterate! Thanks
Cliff Z
NY

google planaria and see if it looks like that... ive never seen a snail without a shell (doesnt mean there arent), but all my mts, even when theyre barely visible, have a shell

Folks,
You are correct seems like Planeria. Do they lay eggs in gel like sacks stuck to glass? How do I get rid of them? thanks!!
FYI--this is a RCs shrimp tank, no fish--just live plants and shrimp. Thanks again!!

pond snails will lay eggs on the glass that look kind of like a half moon shape with lots of little eggs in them... in an attempt to rid my tank of more pond snails, i use a big turkey baster and suck the snail eggs off the glass every time i see new ones on there (dailly!)

Thanks--there on the glass as well as on the leaves of plants--turkey baster sounds like a good idea! Thanks!!!

Planaria, I believe, are the result of overfeeding. I've had them before. They suck.

Back
Top Bottom