Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 on the bleach dip. I wouldn't go more than three minutes. I've killed leaves on amazon swords leaving them in for five minutes.

Snails are not all thatr bad for a planted aquarium.

Would "floral scented" bleach work? I don't know if the added scent would pose a problem. It is not ultra bleach, just clorox bleach with floral scent.

I would not use this if I was you. Just use the normal stuff.
:drinking::rocket::snipersmile::2gunfire::whip::microwave::drain::changes::drain:

I would not use this if I was you. Just use the normal stuff.
:drinking::rocket::snipersmile::2gunfire::whip::microwave::drain::changes::drain:

lol @ smiley overload hehe

yea, no scented anything should ever go NEAR an aquarium/stuff going into an aquarium. i used scented ammonia to try and cycle. BIG mistake. had to tear everything down, clean, clean, clean, then start from scratch.

Ok thanks. I was just wondering because its the only bleach i found in the house. Just means ill have to go out and buy some :D

Well, you could always get something that eats the snails! But it looks like you already have your fishies and the only thing I can think of ATM is a dwarf puffer whom is not a community fish. Also there are other ways to keep the snails down, www.planetinvert.com has some useful info on snails if you decide to keep some.... I must say they do indeed breed like crazy!

EDIT: definitely n/m another fish, i just read your tank list and imo you are overstocked, but its your tank :)

yo yo loaches eat snails. AAMOF if you do have snails, throw them in a baggie and mail them to me, mine would love them.

Back
Top Bottom