snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molly100a

Aquarium Advice Freak
bottom feeders

I have started 29gal planted tank several weeks ago, what are good bottom feeders. I currently have neons and zebra danios and four baby mollies.

I wouldn't do all three. Besides, amano shrimp, like otos, are algae eaters, not bottom feeders.

Ive seem them eat all sorts of stuff on the bottom of my tank, and they live at the bottom, doesnt that make them bottom feeders?

I could be wrong, especially if you have experience. I though amano shrimp fed more on algae, while ghost shrimp served better for cleaning up.

My tiger snail, gold mystery snail, and some weird snail I got today :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110621_225714.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110621_225714.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 117
for birds. and mystery snails suck at cleaning up. i got some and expected my tank to get a little cleaner. the next day it was a lot dirtier.

for birds. and mystery snails suck at cleaning up. i got some and expected my tank to get a little cleaner. the next day it was a lot dirtier.

Lol, of course, you need to keep your tank clean yourself, with gravel vacs, PWCs and an algae scraper as needed. You should never buy livestock just to solve maintenance problems.

You should really only need a Cuttle bone if your water is soft or you don't do regular water changes. If you do a regular 30-50% water change each week with standard tap water you should have enough minerals in the water. Unless you are breeding the snails and have alot of small snails being born consistantly, then you may need the Cuttle bone. This is of course just my .02

Back
Top Bottom