Somethings on my plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well first my plants all kind of started looking brown and I thought they were dying but today I rubbed one of the leaves and something dissolved in the water sorta like powdery, it's brown and dissolves in the water when I rubbed it off the leaf. Anyone know what it is?

Only on the plants? The rest of the tank has nothing. I had diatoms in my other tank and they never appeared on the plants, only the glass. It might be diatoms

DSC07122.JPG

Well, that's either diatoms, or what I've been calling diatoms for the last year... I've had it on my plants too. I've found that higher flow seems to prevent it from sitting on leaves of things like swords and anubias, and I never really had a problem on any other plants. It'll go away in time IME

Well it doesn't affect my swords they're still green and growing but I was concerned because I have two other plants whose names I don't know, one looks like a crypt of some kind. But these have been really affected by it, they actually started yellowing and I took off a bunch of dead stems and leaves today, they were doing good before this

Back
Top Bottom