Spider webs with bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisafp07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I'm brand new here but have no one else to turn with this question after googling and looking at tons of different types of algae I'm still unsure what this is in my tank.

I have included pictures. I have snails and though maybe it was slime for them I've also thought it could be beard algae but I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I included a larger picture of my 55 gallon to show what's going on in the tank.

Thanks so much! Not sure if this is a problem or benign. Btw the webbing has tons of air bubbles in it.

Attachments

• 20210128_202046.jpg
    20210128_202046.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210128_202058.jpg
    20210128_202058.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 51
Yes I have a paradise fish but she just moved in from my 20 to the 55, you can see her peeking out behind the wood here

Attachments

• 20210128_203904.jpg
    20210128_203904.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 44
Ok great thanks! I hope so, have you seen beard algae? Does it look like that to you?

That's no Betta bubble nest. When a Betta builds one it looks like Mr. Bubble has been paying a visit to one area at the top of the water. It's also not something snails produce. I'd reach in and wipe it off manually with a paper towel or something (not TP, it will disintegrate and then you'll really have a problem). Then I'd watch...even try to check it out at night to see if you can find someone actively creating that or if it grows slowly on its own. The bubbles in there are a mystery.

That's no Betta bubble nest. When a Betta builds one it looks like Mr. Bubble has been paying a visit to one area at the top of the water. It's also not something snails produce. I'd reach in and wipe it off manually with a paper towel or something (not TP, it will disintegrate and then you'll really have a problem). Then I'd watch...even try to check it out at night to see if you can find someone actively creating that or if it grows slowly on its own. The bubbles in there are a mystery.

Thanks, I did manually remove some of it and haven't seen it come back yet but I'll be closely monitoring it!

Back
Top Bottom