spindly plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Take a look at the photos. Why are the plants so spindly? I feed them envy,excel and propel. The light is on 10 hours Fluvial plant LED. The tank to far from over crowded. When I prune the plants they seem to die off a bit. Thanks :(:fish2:

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 49
plants

I have the Fluvial LED that says Plants. The reason the water is on the brown side is the drift wood in the tank. I boiled it for 2 hours changing water once. Very brown water. Put it in the tank, add water, brown. It does look good with the neons. This is the first time I had brown water. I bought at the same time another piece of drift wood. tannins came out. Put in tank add water no brown. Strange. Same type of wood. I have the canister filter hoses on the side of the tank. The light isn't shinning well in the back. Maybe that is my problem. I just cleaned and changed the Clearmax. I'll change the hoses to the back. Light will be shinning on the back. Thanks for the info. You would think after getting back in the hobby 10 years ago I would have thou:fish2:ght about that. :banghead::fish1::hide:

Back
Top Bottom