Spot treating straight Metricide ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks, i was wondering if you can spot treat straight Metricide ?? I have a small Algae problem on two of my plants and was wondering if i could just syringe it straight or if it indeed has to be diluted. No big deal either way, just that i usually have to do two sometimes three treatements of the diluted stuff to really kill it all............

Thanks in advance for the advice !!

Jim

It dilutes itself as soon as you put it in the aquarium :) No need to worry about all that. You can spot treat with the full strength dosage.

Thanks Mebbid !! That's what i figured, but there are folks that really push mixing it 50/50 when adding it to the aquarium water. I still can't figure out why you can't just add a 1/2 a cap of full strength in front of the filter output instead of a full cap of the diluted one.... Instant lazy mans mix right there in the aquarium !! :lol:

Thanks again...........

Jim

Thanks Mebbid !! That's what i figured, but there are folks that really push mixing it 50/50 when adding it to the aquarium water. I still can't figure out why you can't just add a 1/2 a cap of full strength in front of the filter output instead of a full cap of the diluted one.... Instant lazy mans mix right there in the aquarium !! :lol:

Thanks again...........

Jim

There is a user named rivercats who is basically the planted tank goddess on this forum. It is her standard method to dilute it 50/50 so she can dose at regular excel strength. It just caught on from her to do it and spread. There's really no other reason to dilute it. I use it full strength in my tanks.

She's still down with that O.S. :( ? We exchanged e-mails a little over a week ago and she was feeling terrible then. I hope she gets better soon, she's a wonderful person and it's not an understatement to say my tank is 80% hers just through her advice and some plants she's provided !!!

GET WELL JANIS !!!!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom