Stargrass flowering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jealousy . . .

Jealousy . . .

OK, I will grudgingly(sp?) admit that you have done what I've always wanted to do with H. zosterifolia. I hope you're happy.

BTW, are they a pretty pale blue color?

travis simonson said:
Jealousy . . .

Jealousy . . .

OK, I will grudgingly(sp?) admit that you have done what I've always wanted to do with H. zosterifolia. I hope you're happy.

BTW, are they a pretty pale blue color?

Oh I'm no expert or anything, it's just dumb luck. I think it would be more acurate to say inspite of my best attempts to grow healthy plants, the stargrass still flowered :lol: . Yes they were a pale blue color with a bit of yellow on the stamin(sp?).

Question,

Will stargrass only flower emersed? I've had stargrass growing like a weed for several months now, sometimes kept short, sometimes overgrowing the tank, but haven't seen any flowers either....

I don't think any of the stargrass was emersed when it flowered. Most was just right below the surface. Maybe it had something to do with the blackout this tank had a week or so before? I really don't know to be honest. The flower only lasted a day or so, so maybe yours did flower and you just didn't see it :lol: .

:evil: Well this morning the stalk was facing down into the tank and the flowers looked like they already bloomed and were decaying. :? I'm not sure what happened, or how it could happen that fast. Hopefully it will bloom again though and I can get some better pics.

I posted before about never seeing this, but yesterday I was looking at the tank (a day before I did a Jungle Parasite Clear treatment and was concerned with the fish/plants), and what do I see, the buds of what looks to be 2 flowers. This was last night and I didn't check when I left so hopefully they haven't died already (you mentioned they come and go quickly). I'll post up a pic if indeed it is/was a flower.

Well this morning the flower is completely gone. So in less than 24hrs the flower buds appear, bloom, and disappear. I bet the blooms are common but people just don't catch it in time.

Back
Top Bottom