Starting a planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schwebel7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a 10 gallon tank with in mind to make it a planted shirmp tank, while im getting setup any ideas on what i should do, i have a good amount of drift wood my dad has picked up fishing and boiled some today and this is what i have so far, im thinking of getting some java moss and tying it to the end of the drift wood and make a tree. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 59
Yeah! Tying java moss to the end would be a great idea! I would actually do flame moss on the end of that driftwood rather because flame moss grows vertical than horizontal. I would also get a few carpeting plants like fissedens fontanus, dwarf sag, or pennywort. Though I don't know if the light is bright enough for pennywort. What light do you have?

Java Ferns, Anubia's, and Bolbitus are all good plants for tying onto DW. Crypts are good for a low light tank and are planted in the substrate. Be sure if you do shrimp to cover the intake strainer on your filter with a sponge cover to keep any shrimplets from being sucked up. Depending on what type light and bulbs you have there may be other suitable plants that can be grown.

Back
Top Bottom