Stock lighting on a aqueon 36 bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnfishman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of plants I could grow with the stock lighting on a 36 bowfront by aqueon?

Thanks! Also I have a serious issue with brown Algee. Would plants help with this problem?

Growing Plants

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of plants I could grow with the stock lighting on a 36 bowfront by aqueon?

Hello John...

You can grow most of the floating plants like Anacharis, Hornwort, Duckweed (pretty invasive), and Pennywort. These will grow well if allowed to float close to the light. Most, if not all of the Anubias plants aren't particular about light either. Java fern and Singapore moss are good too. I keep all these under subdued lighting.

B

Thanks! Also I have a serious issue with brown Algee. Would plants help with this problem?

How long has the tank been setup? It's most likely diatoms and will subside on its own. Otos, nerite snails, and shrimp would eat it.

Last edited:
It's been up for about 6 months. I used pool filter sand for substate so I assumed that's what it was too. I have a dojo loach. Would he eat the snails?

Back
Top Bottom