Stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imcgary

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new 125g that i am going to be planting pretty heavily over the next couple of months. I am going to transfer the fish from my 46bow into the new tank.

I currently have : 2 medium ANgels
2 Giant Danios
1 Blue Gourami
2 cory cats
and alot of snails that i definately want to get rid of

what else should i put into the new tank.

I currently have : 2 medium ANgels
2 Giant Danios
1 Blue Gourami
2 cory cats
and alot of snails that i definately want to get rid of

If you plan to keep the Danios, then you should get more. They are schooling fish, so I'd get atleast 2 more, in that size tank you could add more than that though.

Definitely add more cories too, of the same type. They are shoaling (kind of like schooling), so they'd appreciate a bigger group. In a 125, you have room for 12+ cories. You could mix them up and get 4 more of the type you have now and 6 of another type.

Since you want to get rid of snails, I'd add some smallish loaches like Yoyos, Zebras, or Polka dots. I wouldn't add Clowns, since you are heavily planting the tank, as when they get big they will most likely uproot plants. The 3 loaches I mentioned above are small enough (~4 inches) that they won't do much damage to the plants. I'd go with atleast 6 of them since they are social fish.

If you want another school of fish, I'd add one really large school of fish. Its up to you what to get...depends on your likes. ;) A large school of Rummynose tetras always looks awesome in a planted tank....as does a large school of Harlequin rasboras.

i had another groumai but they faught eachother and the angels (i had 3 others) that the grouami faught with and eventually killed so the killer grouami went back to the pet store

Back
Top Bottom