Stringy Roots on my Cabomba?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akraini5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, :) I am in the process of a 30 gal. fishless cycle, I added Cabomba, Water sprite, Anubias and Dwarf baby tears four days ago. Today I checked on the plants and they all look very healthy and some have grown about 1-2 inches already. I did notice that several branches of my Cabomba now have long white string like roots on some of the branches about mid way, I am new to aquatic plants and I would like to start making starts off the Cabomba for another established tank we have. I'm am wondering if I should cut them off below the string roots and replant the new part or if this is a sign that something is not right with them such as not enough light, nutrients ect....I have CaribSea Eco-Complete substrate and am using Florish twice per week and Florish Excel daily.

Those are adventitious roots. They simply feel around and are roots that came above the substrate. You can cut below and replant. That's what most people do.

Back
Top Bottom