Subrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balbright1993

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good evening,

I have a 75 litre planted tank with a gravel substrate, my only 2 plants are anacharis and they seem to be doing okay however im not having much success getting them to root. I would like to put in more plants in the near future but not until I've sorted this. am i using the wrong substrate or is it not deep enough? Or is it something elese?

Good evening,

I have a 75 litre planted tank with a gravel substrate, my only 2 plants are anacharis and they seem to be doing okay however im not having much success getting them to root. I would like to put in more plants in the near future but not until I've sorted this. am i using the wrong substrate or is it not deep enough? Or is it something elese?

You want a nutrient rich substrate like Eco complete or stratum fluval soil. Root tabs can help fertilize the roots too.

If u are going to replace the substrate entirely if suggest doing half at a time wait a few weeks and then do the other half. Just so u keep some beneficial bacteria. Make sure u give the bed a good vac before u remove it to make sure there is no toxic pockets in it that will harm your fish!

Your plants will also need ferts and carbon so get yourself a bottle of seachem flourish and seachem excel and dose to recommended on the bottle :)

Back
Top Bottom