Subtrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which way will I get better results?
1.) Mix flourite and PFS together, or
2.) Place flourite on bottom then cap with PFS

I will be planting low/mod plants and my light is (2) 30 watt cfl 6700k each over a 20H.

From what I have heard about fluorite, I don't think it's worth the money. If you are looking for something like that, I would say go for eco-complete. I have heard much better reviews about that.

I have Eco complete in my 20g and I have had it for alittle over a year now and it seems so dirty compared to my pfs. Pfs is all I have in my 55 and I use root tabs about every 6-8 weeks and my plants are great. The Eco complete makes my roots look nasty. And I truthfully can't tell a difference in growth between the two. But if you are going to go with the fluorite I would put it under the sand as a first layer.

I have Eco complete in my 20g and I have had it for alittle over a year now and it seems so dirty compared to my pfs. Pfs is all I have in my 55 and I use root tabs about every 6-8 weeks and my plants are great. The Eco complete makes my roots look nasty. And I truthfully can't tell a difference in growth between the two. But if you are going to go with the fluorite I would put it under the sand as a first layer.

Okay, great, thanks! In my 55g I don't beileve I have sufficient lighting but when I do, what type of root tabs do I use for my PFS?

From what I have heard about fluorite, I don't think it's worth the money. If you are looking for something like that, I would say go for eco-complete. I have heard much better reviews about that.

Hmmm...well...fiance has already bought it for me....so I wan to try it out, thanks.

I use the API root tabs in all my tanks but my 10g. You can get them real cheap at thatpetplace .com. One package of 8 does both my tanks:)

Back
Top Bottom