Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just added this large piece of drift wood to my tank. I've been waiting until now to add plants. My tank is a 44g pentagon. I have to fluorescent 18" bulbs. What are some low light plants that would grow well in my tank?
Fish:
3 angel fish (I'm going to sell the third because I was able to form a breeding pair)
3 Bolivian ( also might sell one because I have formed a breeding pair here as well)
4 hatchetfish (had 6 two jumped)
6 Corys (3 albino 3 peppered)
3 otos ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400806470.886402.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400806504.815569.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400806537.283955.jpg

There are several leaf shape varieties of Anubias that would be beautiful in there. Also check out African Water Fern and see if you like it. You might have enough light for the green Cryptocorne wendi also. OS.

Angels would like anarchis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Crypts, anubias, java ferns, moss, anacharis, and hornwort are all some low-light plant options. Anachris and Hornwort are very weedy though and can quickly get out of control. The other 4 grow much slower. Also, crypts are heavy root feeders so you may want to consider giving them root tabs if you go that route.

Back
Top Bottom