Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C.w.deegan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Due to unforseen circumstances I was away from my house for over a month and because of lack of light all my plants died in my 36 gallon bow front tank so I want to start over looking for any ideas, suggestions on types of plants arrangement ideas etc before I start buying new plants im going for a moderately planted tank not too heavy not light either. The tank inhabitants are plattys mollies and corydoras and a few mystery snails with a hob filter and a heater. I don't want anything high maintenance but I want it to look nice any suggestions ideas even pictures of your own tanks would be a great help.

Amazon swords, crypts, java fern, java moss are common go to low demand plants.

Low maintenence. I find crypts and java fern grow like weeds and need a good trimming/leaf removal monthly. I dont know what you consider low maintenance.

What looks nice is personal opinion too. Amazon swords will give you some height. Crypts a little colour. Java ferns are good for filling space.

200 litre low tech planted community tank.

WEVNh8R.jpeg

I was looking at this bundle on Amazon they have alot of great reviews for the seller and the plants do you think this would be too much to fit in my tank?I don't want too purchas the bundle and not be able to fit all the plants in it. The tank has no plants in it anymore and that is a old picture of the tank but it will work for a size reference its a 36 gallon bow front Screenshot_20211029-042556_Amazon%20Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20211029-042550_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg20210509_105930.jpg

Ive got 9 indivdual plants in my 200 litre (50ish gallons) for a guide on how heavily you are looking for. And the 4 java ferns all came from 1 java fern. And the 2 bunches of water hyssop came from 1 bunch. So that came from purchasing 5 plants.

I have had other plants in there that didnt so well and i removed them. I think that's important also. Not every plant will do well in every aquarium so there is a little trial and error involved.

Personally trying to plant a 36 gallon with 20 different plants might be ambitious.

[do you think this would be too much to fit in my tank?]

Haha! That's how you end up with another tank...and another...and another...

A couple of those demand higher light as well, and when in the right conditions grow like crazy (i.e. weekly trimmings) in my experience. I think you'd be better suited picking a few species well suited to your conditions and wants vs. getting a package like that.

[do you think this would be too much to fit in my tank?]

Haha! That's how you end up with another tank...and another...and another...
I already have 3 lol don't have room for another one. But only this one has live plants in it

Back
Top Bottom