Superglue light fittings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coldmachineUK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking to add an additional tube (only T8 ) to an old tank which has a plastic hood that I'm setting up for planting experiments. It has a built in lighting unit with tube at the moment, but space for me to add a 2nd tube if I can glue the fittings to the plastic hood.

Since silicone isn't great for plastic->plastic attachments, I wondered if anyone had used superglue for this purpose before and if so what type/brand is safe for aquarium use?

i installed a moonlight using double sided sticky foam things. it sticks to the plastic well and has held up for quite a while. but the light is small and lite(not heavy) so i dont know if this is an option for you.

I would use epoxy. super glue dries very hard and brittle and the constant heating and cooling from the lights will eventually make it fail.

don't your light end caps have screw hole you can use? drill thru hood, and use bolts with washers and lock nuts to secure it.

Back
Top Bottom