surface agitation.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrewz00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
is surface agitation necessary in a planted tank?

i have 4 crypts wendtii and 4 Isoetes lacustris.... along with a mixture of barbs, danios, corys, and shrimp....

not always. though in tanks with out co2 i tend to make sure there is to keep the tank well oxygenated.

I would think that unless your plants are producing enough oxygen by themselves, you would still need at least a little bit.

at night plants stop making o2 and start using it. just something to think about.

gamer is right Plants will photosynthesize in the presence of light only, with no source of energy to start the calvin cycle, thus to stay alive a plants starts burning its stored sugars it makes during the day, there by doing the reverse action: CO2 + H2O--light---> Various sugars, normally glucose or PGAL and then the reverse at night. It's the on/off of respiration/photosynthesis.

If you have a filter where you can control the strength of the output, you can always turn it down during the day, and up a bit during the night.

gamer is right Plants will photosynthesize in the presence of light only, with no source of energy to start the calvin cycle, thus to stay alive a plants starts burning its stored sugars it makes during the day, there by doing the reverse action: CO2 + H2O--light---> Various sugars, normally glucose or PGAL and then the reverse at night. It's the on/off of respiration/photosynthesis.

Can we call we the reverse of the Calvin cycle, the Hobbes cycle? Har har

Back
Top Bottom