Sword sprout?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabbycat0282

Aquarium Advice Regular
What should I do with this?
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/tabbycat0282/tank010.jpg

When I bought my sword plant, it had a shoot with very few leaves and roots, but now it is growing like crazy. Should I keep it connected to the 'mother' plant and plant it? Should I disconnect it from the mother plant? Should I keep it growing high in the tank?

I really like it, but want it to survive. If it will survive like it is I wouldn't mind keeping it floating/attached until it gets too big to be that way.

Please let me know what my options are.

Happy plants and happy fish are great!:BIG:

Should I keep it connected to the 'mother' plant and plant it? Should I disconnect it from the mother plant? Should I keep it growing high in the tank?

I really like it, but want it to survive. If it will survive like it is I wouldn't mind keeping it floating/attached until it gets too big to be that way.

Please let me know what my options are.

I've seen plants much larger than yours still attached and both mother plant and the "babies" were doing fine. I do believe that the plant will grow faster disconnected and planted, but if you like it that way, then it should be fine until you are ready to plant it.

Back
Top Bottom