Sword to fill 20" tall space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I have had my amazon sword for about a year now (I don't know what species because it just came in one of the petsmart tubes). But the strange thing is, it has not exceeded about 10 inches tall. It grows new leaves and sends out runners with baby plants, but does not grow leaves longer than the existing ones.
My tank is about 20" tall and I'd really like to have a sword that fills this space. I commonly read about people having problems with their swords taking over their tanks and growing too large, so I'm wondering what species these are because I seem to have the opposite problem! Any input is appreciated :)

I've heard Ozelot swords can get pretty big, and they look pretty cool too. I've got the same issue with my Amazons (staying compact), but I'm still scared to pull them up because of the potential tank disruption.

My amazon sword did the same thing until I started using better root tabs for it. Now its growing out of the top of my 55g. What tabs are you using?

I've heard Ozelot swords can get pretty big, and they look pretty cool too. I've got the same issue with my Amazons (staying compact), but I'm still scared to pull them up because of the potential tank disruption.
+1, I actually just pulled one because it was taking up way to much realestate In my 29..

image-791343115.jpg

I make my own root tabs also, from scratch. They work great as I've done some tweaking to the formula over time.

I was in the greenhouse today ripping swords out and moving things around doing a little spring cleaning and overhauling and I thought of this thread. A few taller sword options would be Ozelots (green or red), Oriental, Radican, Grandifolius, St Elmo's Fire.

Back
Top Bottom