Sydney's Rimless Tank.... Round Two!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
If anyone wants to know why I took down the first rimless tank, check out my old build thread :)

Tank:
DIY AGA Rimless 5.5 gallon - somehow the 7g rimless got super mega ultra hard water stains, and I didn't feel like scraping them off :lol:

Equipment:
AquaClear 20 (possibly will upgrade to a canister)
Heater... Duh
Finnex Fuge Ray R
Black background
um am I forgetting anything??

Substrate:
Soil capped with....
Fluval Shrimp Stratum :lol: I kinda sorta ran out of the shrimp stratum, and I needed more depth. Should be darn good for the plants :)

Flora:
Hygrophila sp. 'Tiger'
Rotala sp. Green
Staurogyne Repens
Chrismas Moss
Ammania sp. Bonsai
Java Fern
Echinodorus Tellenus
Lobelia cardinalis 'Small form'
Might change a bit, but that's what it will be for now.

Fauna:
This sexy beast ;)

Hoping to get a colony of shrimp going as well (yes I am aware that the betta might eat them)
And maybe some nano peasants for him to rule over.

Hardscape:
For now, just driftwood, but I would like to get some fancy rocks eventually too.

Well, I think that's it for now. I might mess around with the hardscape a bit tomorrow. I'm writing some book reviews for a contest at the library.

Hi Sydney.. I'll be following but I'm just curious what's to be of that beautiful 7g, though? Hardwater can be cleaned off with some vinegar and a razor to scrape it. I bought a razor scraper at the dollar store that works great.

Anyways, glad to see you back on here! :)

Cool betta, I'm in like flyn!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Sydney.. I'll be following but I'm just curious what's to be of that beautiful 7g, though? Hardwater can be cleaned off with some vinegar and a razor to scrape it. I bought a razor scraper at the dollar store that works great.

Anyways, glad to see you back on here! :)

I don't know what happened, but it's THICK. I'll try to scrape it off today, I love the footprint. Just kind of afraid I will scratch it since it's low iron?

I use the razor on my ADA low iron tanks too. No scratches. Just do it at an angle to the glass and with care. Soften the calcified deposits first with vinegar. I always scrape away with a wet surface. Then I finish it off with a wet algae scrubber sponge. Good as new.

Tank is all scraped! Doesn't look brand new, but once it's filled, it should look a lot better.

I think I have a scape in mind... Going to boil the driftwood, then I will start putting pictures up.

Thanks Tracie!

I totally suggest looking into a CAD lights rimless tank. For the low price and amazing quality, you just can't beat them!

Wow, I feel dumb. I took a bunch of pictures of possible scapes, turns out there was no memory card in the camera, so I can't upload them onto my laptop... :lol:

I will try and recreate the scapes and take pictures of them... This time WITH the memory card... :lol:

I do have a question - we are leaving to go to montana for a week, so I want to get liquid ferts so the girl house sitting doesn't have to deal with anything too complicated. What type are best?

I will try and recreate the scapes and take pictures of them... This time WITH the memory card... :lol:

I do have a question - we are leaving to go to montana for a week, so I want to get liquid ferts so the girl house sitting doesn't have to deal with anything too complicated. What type are best?

You could always dissolve dry ferts in RO water :) You could use the PPS-Pro measurements, so the dosing would be pretty easy.

Cool looking betta! Usually I just see blue and/or red ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom